Google

Thursday, May 1, 2008

a picture is worth a thousand words

i'm not talking about pictures of my kids though (come on, those are worth way more). this particular picture is the one i wish i could have taken today of the bebe saleswoman when i asked her if i could "just try on this shirt out here instead of in a fitting room." p.s. what the hell am i doing at the bebe? really? not sure. i briefly saw something that caught my eye between picking up a discarded sippy cup and throwing a floor-tainted cracker in the garbage, en route to purchase one coveted pottery barn vacuum to store in my aresenal for when my spouse retreats to vegas. i wasn't going to disrobe in the middle of the store, lady. i just can't freaking fit in your dressing room with these two, let's call them energetic, toddlers in a double-wide stroller whom, somehow, you must have overlooked. i just want to put the shirt over my current shirt (not that this is entirely feasible when 99% of your clothing is made of 99% spandex but whatever). i'm going to have to wear the bebe shirt over another shirt anyway (since 99% of your clothing reveals 99% of your business but whatever). no one is even in your blasted store, might i add. and did i mention the shirt was on sale? i must have been feeling adventurous. the bebe lady was not smiling. she was kind of huffing. yes, quite the picture. and then the next picture would be worth two thousand words. the picture of her face as i, not waiting for her answer to my question, proceeded to try on said shirt over my current shirt. it took like 4 seconds. here's the moral of the story. i know you've been waiting. my 99% spandex 65% off picture ended up being worth $23 (words). not too shabby.

2 comments:

RG Mama said...

Yeah, my motto is to beg forgiveness rather than ask permission. Saves me energy and time.

Anonymous said...

Funny story. I can just imagine the look...